Sunniyya Arabic College started as a single department college in 1995. The PG and Research Department of Arabic is the oldest department of the college and it is the first one in this College to be upgraded to post-graduate status, in 2013. For its enviable achievements over the years, this department is at present recognised as Research Centre by Calicut University in 2019.
Afzal ul ulama preliminary was the first programme introduced by the college and it is a two-year programme equalling to plus two. Then by the time being BA Afzal ul Ulama and PG Post Afzal Ul Ulama also started.
The strength of the Department is the quality of the teaching faculty. Most of both permanent and guest faculty members are Ph.D. holders and have extensive teaching experience. A majority of the faculty have good research papers on their credit.
• The department offers the students a deep insight into the Arabic culture and its vast literature.
• Enabling the students an understanding of Arabic literature and culture by giving them an introduction to the social, economical, cultural, intellectual and political backgrounds of the diverse periods of classical, Islamic, Umayyad, Abbasid, Andalus, modern and contemporary Arab world.
• Helps to develop a strong Arabic language capability through theory and practical sessions.
• Giving opportunities to students to select the area of interest by giving them elective and open courses.
There are three associations under the department, PG association, BA association, and preliminary association. All associations are acting for the development of students skills in different means.
Some clubs are also working under the department, such as English club, Arabic club, they also conducting many programs.
Classroom, whiteboard, staff room, Projector
Our department is one of the best departments of our college. Here we wake up the students into the world wide language and literature. There is no doubt that Arabic is a very ancient language in the world and which has marvelous classical literature as well as modern literature to face the challenges of the modern world. We are giving a supporting hand to the students to catch an endless job opportunity in mother country along with foreign countries.
Prof. Mohammad Bakkuth
1. Two days national seminar on “Development of Language interactions between India and Arabs” (UGC, 23&24 November 2011).
2. National Arabic conference on “Role of Indian Arabic Magazines in the expansion of Arabic language in India” (17 & 18 December 2014).
3. National Arabic Seminar on “Refugee issues in Arabic Literature” (UGC, 27 September 2017).
Dr. K.K Ismail Faizy - MA 1st Semester
Dr. K.M Abdul Latheef - MA 4th Semester
Dr. K.Ashraf - BA 6th Semester
Dr. M.P Mohamed Nadvi - BA 4th Semester
Mr. P.P Abdu Razaq - BA 2nd Semester
Mr. P.P Mohammed Mukhtar - Preliminary 2nd Year
Dr. E.K Aboobacker EK - Preliminary 1st Year